Thursday, April 3, 2014

The average angler

I have been fishing for many many years. I feel confident in my abilities and knowledge and I am proud of the fact I maintain diversity in my fishing styles. I fish lakes, rivers, beaches and the occasional ocean fishing and use all kinds of methods in fly and gear fishing. This month the fishing channel (World fishing network) is free in my area, so I have been watching a lot of shows. Being that I don't have a lot of extra cash lying around, and I do have two kids, I find myself disconnected from most of the fishing shows on TV. As I watch, the shows are showcasing remote spots that are fly in only, jet boat accesible or require a vacation destination and guide. Now there is nothing wrong with that kind of fishing, but for the average angler it is a once in a lifetime (or never) experience.
I would love to see a show with an average angler, on an average lake or river doing the average thing of walk and wade or shore fishing. I think it would be a fantastic way to showcase an average fishing experience. Sure its nice to have a boat or take one of those expensive trips, but an average angler show ... well... I think there's an audience out there wanting to learn what they can realistically do.
Anyone want to film it?

No comments:

Post a Comment