Friday, September 6, 2013

On the list

I have had some time away from the river this week. It hasn't been away from fishing, as my brain always seems to gravitate towards something fishy. I have been busy reading and tying flies and I even played the odd fishing video game. As I read and tie my mind wanders and it always wanders to where I would like to go fishing.  I usually take a fly fishing trip to the West Kootenays in the summer and it is always a great trip. However I think I would like to expand and try somewhere new.

So as my mind wandered I began thinking of all the places I would like to venture to with my fly rod. Some are more local than others, some require flights and lots of money. The list is endless.

One such place is the Skeena and Bulkley rivers. These rivers have been on my list for quite some time and I think it is time I begin to look into it. I don't think this will be a solo trip, I think this trip is going to be much more fun with a couple of friends. There is much research to do and I don't mind doing it. The idea is in the works and it will be to be continued for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment