Sunday, September 15, 2013

Fall on the Vedder

I noticed something today while fishing the Vedder river. The leaves have begun to fall off the trees as the season changes. Thus marks my favorite time of year, when all the salmon return to their natal rivers to spawn.
Fishing began early and in the fog again today. The weather was calling for showers but luckily they did not show up. Although, the sun decided to make an appearance. The river was low and clear, just the way I like it, and there were plenty of pink salmon in the system. I hiked past the crowds to a more secluded spot and managed to land a few pinks and hooked a nice spring which spat the hook before I got it to hand. I was fishing with my center pin, drifting procured pink salmon roe under a float.
Unfortunately as soon as the fog began to burn off the fish went tight lipped where I was fishing. I tried a few other spots but the fish were not cooperating. I don't like the whole fishing shoulder to shoulder scene so finding decent water away from the crowds can be a little difficult.
I would have liked to have got into a few more fish but I guess I can't complain. The weather held and I did get into a few fish on a beautiful day on a beautiful lower mainland river.

No comments:

Post a Comment