Thursday, March 21, 2013

Introduction

For those of you that dont know me i live near Vancouver British Columbia (Canada). This blog is about fishing. For the few of you (if any) that are reading it, the blog will follow some of my fishing adventures. It will chronicle where and when I am fishing, if I am catching fish and maybe a little blurb about the area and my experiences within. I primarily fish in the Vancouver area, but I do take the occasional trip to other locations.
I have been fishing on and off for over 25 years and I have been engulfed in the sport for the last 10+ years.
I learned to fish from taking trips to the local lake as a kid with my dad. We used to go and fish from shore,  targeting carp and the occasional rainbow trout on light tackle. Since then I have evolved to targeting everything from trout and char to salmon and sturgeon in rivers lakes and oceans. I fish using a variety of setups including spinning rods/reels,  level winds,  center pins and pole fishing. My absolute favorite is fishing with my fly rod, and this year I plan on giving spey fishing a try.
I feel very lucky to live in such a beautiful province with so many fishing opportunities. I also feel lucky to have such a wonderful and understanding family who have supported me in my fishing endeavors. A beautiful wife and two fantastic daughters who occasionally accompany me on my outings but always support my love of the sport.
Anyway, enough about me. I hope you enjoy the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment